BOLD CLINICAL ANALYSIS:
ESSENTIAL OIL MOUTHWASH EFFECT ON GUM PROBLEMS AND PLAQUE
A landmark, peer-reviewed analysis of 29 studies involving over 5000 patients has provided the most conclusive evidence to date on the additive benefits of LISTERINE® mouthwash in plaque and gum problems reduction. Its results confirm that a world of better oral health is not only possible, but attainable—and it all starts with your practice.
Landmark, peer-reviewed analysis adds clinical relevance for your everyday practice
- Results reported by sites healthy and plaque-free—as opposed to whole-mouth plaque/gingivitis reduction data—allow you to easily set targets for your practice
- This analysis reviewed data on the additive benefits of LISTERINE® from randomized, observer-blinded, placebo-controlled studies, including both published and unpublished data
- Evidence was drawn from a larger-than-usual population of N>5000 subjects; single studies have an average of 163 subjects
The most robust collection of clinical data of its kind
- 1 landmark analysis: enabled broader, more clinically relevant conclusions
Analysis compared the results of 2 treatment groups
- Mechanical methods (MM) alone
- 2562 patients
- MM + LISTERINE®
- 2544 patients
Sitewise analysis evaluated efficacy at multiple sites per tooth across the entire mouth
Plaque index (PI): 6 sites per tooth
- Plaque-free sites were defined as those with small pieces of plaque (1) or no plaque (0), based on the PI score
Modified gingival index (MGI): 4 sites per tooth
- Healthy sites were defined as those with mild (1) to no (0) inflammation, based on the MGI scores
LISTERINE® users were more likely to have a cleaner, healthier mouth vs. MM alone
LISTERINE® users had more plaque-free sites and more healthy sites — even in the hardest-to-reach areas of the mouth
Reference: 1. Araujo MWB, Charles CA, Weinstein RB, et al. Meta-analysis of the effect of an essential oil–containing mouthrinse on gingivitis and plaque. J Am Dent Assoc. 2015;146(8):610-622 and/or post hoc analyses of data.
BIG RESULTS FROM THE BIGGEST LISTERINE® ANALYSIS.